The village hall is managed by a voluntary management committee, with the purpose to provide and maintain a village hall for the use of the local residents. It has no distinction of political, religious or other opinions.
The hall is available to use for meetings, lectures, classes and for other forms of recreational leisure time occupation to improve the condition of life of the local community. Local residents are permitted to hire the hall for private functions and the management committee run events through the year to fund the maintenance of the hall.
The first village hall, circa 1915, was a re-located Nissen hut from the military camp at Anson’s Bank on nearby Cannock Chase. In 1953, the local villagers raised by public subscription sufficient funds to purchase the land. The current village hall construction began in 1953 and was completed in 1960/1961. The side extension was added in 1981.